About the Event:
Bring the kids to this gala that's not a gala! You'll be swept along halls of the beautiful Hotel 21c Hotel and Museum with music for grownups and kids, a live auction packed with unique experiences, fun adventures in the Wild Bunch
activity area for the kids, and a special presentation for the whole family.
The Wild Bunch Activities
- Campfire Music
- Making S'mores
- Native Birds - live birds presented by Rodney Paul from Raptor Rehab of Central Arkansas
- Live Reptiles and Amphibians - presented by University of Arkansas herpetology students
- Nebula Tie-Dyeing - find inspiration from nebulae to tye-die your own bandana
- Terrariums - arrange native plants into a miniature terrarium to take home
- Creek Critters - learn about water quality by identifying real live benthic macroinvertebrates swimming in creek samples
- Discovery of the Specimen - explore specimens such as skulls, pelts, and fossils and learn how to identify them using field guides
- Eagle's Nest - witness a life-size replica of an eagle's nest with eggs and learn more from an Arkansas Master Naturalist
- Wildflower Art - create a card by "printing" fresh, native wildflowers onto watercolor paper
- Conservation Station - discover for yourself how much energy it takes to peddle a bicycle to light up CFLs vs. incandescent bulbs, take your ecological footprint quiz, and learn more about what you can do in your daily life to lessen your impact on our environment
This isn't any ordinary gala event. There won't be a dull moment. Among chances to learn valuable lessons on environmental education, you'll find activities like tie-dying, flower pressing, creek critters, science exhibits and more! Designed for kids, these activities will have the whole family joining the fun.
Enjoy food and beverages designed specifically for Call of the Wild. Dance and sway to grown-up tunes or check out the kids' music. Bring your friends and make new ones. We'll see you at Call of the Wild!
All net proceeds go to support scholarships for NW Arkansas students at ONSC programs.