Sat, Dec 09|
Ozark Natural Science Center
2023 Ozark Explorations
Monthly guided hikes with Ozark Natural Science Center's Teacher Naturalists
Time & Location
Dec 09, 2023, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Ozark Natural Science Center, 1905 Madison 1305, Huntsville, AR 72740, USA
About the Event
Join us for a monthly guided hike with ONSC's Teacher Naturalists. By donation. Register to reserve a spot.
Each monthly hike has a theme:
- March: "Signs of Spring"
- April: "Mushroom Madness" on Conifers Trail and/or "Wandering through Wildflowers" near Hoodoo Rock
- May: "May Flowers" on Big Smith Trail and/or other trails
- June: "Watershed Wanderings" along Creekside Trail
- July: "Geology Galivanting" along the creekbed for fossil-hunting, paint-making, and other rock-related fun
- August: "Accessible Trail Adventures" along the flat Accessible Trail from the Observation Deck to the Pond and Meadow
- September: "Fall Foraging" to learn about various wild edibles, and/or "Settler History Hike" focused on the Yarborough & Rookard houses and the history of our campus
- October: "Fall Foliage" hike to Wishing Rock on Boti trail
- November: "Native American/Osage History" on the Bluff Trail to Bluff Shelter
- December: "Winter Wonders" to learn about tracks and scat, winter tree identification, and other winter activities
ONSC is committed to protecting the health and wellbeing of our staff and visitors. Please check with ONSC staff about the current Covid protocols for your workshop.
Ozark Exploration Guided Hike$