Wed, Jul 06|
Ozark Natural Science Center
Teacher Time at Ozark Natural Science Center
Join us for a 2-day, 1-night program and learn about ONSC and how you can connect your students to nature during our residential programs. Includes 6 hours of professional development.
Time & Location
Jul 06, 2022, 10:00 AM – Jul 07, 2022, 1:00 PM
Ozark Natural Science Center, 1905 Madison 1305, Huntsville, AR 72740, USA
About the Event
Date: July 6th and 7th
Arrival Time: 10am on the 6th
Departure Time: 1pm on the 7th
Location: Ozark Natural Science Center, 1905 Madison 1305, Huntsville, AR 72740
Come to Ozark Natural Science Center to immerse yourself in the natural sciences during an overnight residential education experience. See what it is like for 4th, 5th and 6th grade students to learn about science while they have classes along the trails, creek and in our classroom. You will experience the night hike, creek trails, bluff shelter and wishing rock while you engage in open ended learning and explore nature while engaging in NGSS-based lessons.
Stay in our lodges and enjoy the beauty of the forest from morning to night as well as the healthy and delicious dining provided by our chef.
This is an experience that students never forget. You will learn why teachers keep bringing students back, year after year. We would love to show you what we do and why we love sharing natural science with your students!
Includes 6 hours of professional development.
ONSC OVERNIGHT ADULT PROGRAM PACKING CHECKLIST
- One complete change of clothing for each day you will be at ONSC, including:
- Long pants or jeans (no shorts or capris)
- Long socks (above the ankle)
- 2 pairs of used, comfortable, close-toed shoes/boots (1 pair may get wet)
- Water shoes
- Weather-appropriate jacket
- Medical-grade or cloth masks
- Sleeping bag OR twin sheets and a blanket
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Soap, shampoo, deodorant, and other toiletries
- Towel and washcloth
- Brush or comb
- Plastic or cloth bag for dirty clothes
- Optional: money for the ONSC store.
- Extra layer such as a sweatshirt or light jacket
- Reusable water bottle (32 oz capacity is recommended; avoid large water bottles)
- Rain gear (jacket or poncho)
- Gloves or mittens during cold weather
- Optional: disposable camera
Includes all activities + meals + lodging