Fri, Oct 22|
Ozark Natural Science Center
Tricks, Treats, and Terrors at ONSC!
Join us for on October 22nd!
Time & Location
Oct 22, 2021, 4:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Ozark Natural Science Center, 1905 Madison 1305, Huntsville, AR 72740, USA
About the Event
Take a beautiful fall drive to Ozark Natural Science Center on October 22nd for a variety of Halloween events for all ages!
4:00-5:30PM - Pumpkin painting with snakes
- Come have a slithering good time, painting pumpkins with our ONSC snakes! This will include a meet-and-greet with our snake ambassadors followed by a pumpkin painting session. All supplies are included.
- Our snakes will also be creating their own spooky Halloween paintings, which will be for sale after the event.
- Participants are more than welcome to interact with our snake ambassadors!
5:30-6:30PM - Hot dog dinner around the campfire
- Hot dogs and veggie dogs
- Spooky punch
- Halloween snacks and treats
6:30-8:30PM - Family-friendly trick-or-treat on the trails
- Learn about the nocturnal creatures that become active at night in our forest, while trick or treating along the trail.
- Activities will include owl calls and demonstrations of triboluminescence.
- Note: our trails at ONSC are not paved, so strollers are not possible on the trails.
6:30-8:30PM - Cryptic Creatures of the Ozarks hike (ages 13+)
- Join us for thrills and chills as we take to the Ozark Forest in search of local cryptic creatures.
- This night hike is for big kids and adults only, and will include an exploration of Ozark cryptic creatures like the Ozark Howler, Gowrow, and Bigfoot. You'll learn the origins based within local lore, descriptions of the creatures, and the real animals that these creatures are based upon.
Full Package (per person):
- Includes 1 mini pumpkin, 1 snake painting on artist paper, 1 campfire dinner, 1 hike (choose family-friendly or cryptic creatures): $35
- Mini-pumpkin for painting (supplies included): $5 per pumpkin
- Purchase a painting by our snake artists: $15 art paper; $25 canvas (limited availability)
- Hot dog dinner (2 and under are free): $10 per person
- Family-friendly trick-or-treat hike (2 and under are free): $10 per person
- Cryptic Creatures of the Ozarks hike (ages 13+): $15 per person
Ozark Natural Science Center’s mission is to enhance the understanding, appreciation and stewardship of the Ozark natural environment. Located in the heart of the Ozarks, ONSC hosts school programs, provides environmental education to all ages, and offers facility rentals. There’s so much to see, experience, and learn while immersed in ONSC’s natural beauty!
ONSC is committed to protecting the health and wellbeing of our staff and visitors. All ONSC staff are fully vaccinated. However, as many of our visitors are youth, ONSC staff and volunteers continue to maintain safety measures including the use of cloth face coverings while indoors or closer than 6 feet, physical distancing, hand hygiene, and enhanced cleaning protocols.
Full Package (family hike)
Includes 1 mini pumpkin for painting, 1 snake painting on artist paper, 1 campfire dinner, 1 family-friendly trick or treat hike$35.00Sold Out
Full Package (adult hike)
Includes 1 mini pumpkin for painting, 1 snake painting on artist paper, 1 campfire dinner, 1 cryptic creatures hike for 13 years old and up$35.00Sold Out
Mini-pumpkin for painting (painting supplies included)$5.00Sold Out
1 snake painting
Purchase a painting (on art paper) made by one of our snake artists during the event!$15.00Sold Out
1 hot dog dinner
Includes hot dog or veggie dog, punch, and halloween treats and snacks (2 and under are free)$10.00Sold Out
1 family-friendly hike
Family-friendly trick-or-treat hike (2 and under are free)$10.00Sold Out
1 cryptic creatures hike
Cryptic Creatures of the Ozarks hike (ages 13+)$15.00